- Make sure you have a full tank petrol
- Have a USB/car charger for your phone/iPad
- Connect your phone to your cars speakers with an audio cable or bluetooth
- Download podcasts and/or audio books before you leave
- Have snacks and water (services are expensive, and the ones I've been to didn't have any fruit!)
- Chewing gum
- More bananas
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Don't recline your seat
Set off 45-60 minutes earlier than Google says you should, for traffic and a quick service stop.
Don't grip the wheel too tightly or you can get tennis elbow like I did.